This season of #BBOTT Big Brother Over The Top has been a lot of fun so far. It also seems to have created a divide in the Big Brother fandom. I have seen a lot of hate and mean tweets between people in our own community. So while I realize I am by no means perfect (and lets face it… not great at blogging) I just wanna share my thoughts for what its worth.
1. I don’t think people realize what I am actually doing while hosting the show. People think I am ignoring them because I don’t engage with them in chat. I am not. It’s hard for me to look at the chat, twitter, patreon questions list, while hosting, and dealing with the technical end… all at the same time as following what hundreds of you are saying. It’s not personal. But I try my best. Same goes for twitter. I get thousands of notifications and sometimes over 100 DMs a day, not to mention emails. I’m just 1 person. I TRULY love ya all. I appreciate you all. But I can’t reply to you all.
2. I realize people get confused between fan shows, guest shows, recap shows. Basically if there isn’t a background behind me… I can interact with the chat much more. If there is a background, it means I’m recording for YouTube, iTunes, the website, etc and then I interact less.
3. I actually don’t care what you all say about any house guests on your own twitter account (or on a normal show). But I do want you to do it respectfully when you tag me or are in our chat rooms. While I don’t visit Jokers, Survivor sucks or any other website I appreciate their contribution to the BB community. Yet, I also know they have a reputation for negativity and I don’t want Your Reality Recaps to be known for hate or not being welcoming. Its why I don’t really let kids in, and block a lot of people. Id rather be a place where we can laugh, talk strategy, and all disagree respectfully.
4. As per the people who don’t understand why being mean to house guest on twitter and tagging me, or in the chat is bad… its because HGs talk to HGs… Do you know why EVERY house guest comes on our show first for the most part (despite the fact that we don’t work with CBS or have them schedule it for us)? It’s because of our reputation. HGs know our show is fair, funny, not personal, and we aren’t there to nail them to the cross. It’s never what we have been about. Game is game real life is real life. I know some people will site things I’ve said about Nicole here. But keep in mind what I have said is based on MY PERSONAL experience with her OUTSIDE the game. I’ve also said my feels should in no way change how you feel about her or anyone. Also, its just a game. These players aren’t our friends, or family members. I know its hard to hear, but in the real world most of them wouldn’t go to bat for a stranger on the internet. So you fighting to the death in their (or even our) honor is a waste of your time.
5. A lot of people think what I say is law. Its not. YRR is always, and will always be for fans by fans. Most of all the people who financially keep it up and running, as well as the people who share our shows, comment, and help promote it. I try to represent you all the best I can and keep my feelings out of it. But I know I fail at that sometimes too. Keep in mind while I may be “running the ship” this is NOT my real job. I work 8 – 10 hours a day outside of YRR. I put in another 8 a day on YRR work. I also have a family, friends, and other people who I never get to see or spend time with. YRR comes at the expense of A LOT of other things in my life. So when people attack it. I take it personally.
6. All this said… sarcasm and humor isn’t hate! You know why else I love our community? For the most part people get it’s NOT SERIOUS. People get WHAT I SAY ON TWITTER is meant to exaggerate the other ridiculous things people are saying in a funny way. If you think you know how I feel based off 140 characters on twitter you are wrong. Come to a show. Have some laughs. We are always going to mock and poke fun at house guests GAME PLAY. We are not going to attack them personally as people. And I will ALWAYS give them a chance to show me who they are OUTSIDE the game.
7. We do comedic recaps. I started YRR 8 YEARS AGO as a way for ALL fans to go to interact with Reality Stars for fee. Because I couldn’t afford to meet them either and (thanks to superpass) had the ability to do so. I want to be a bright spot in peoples day. A place to make you all (and me) forget our problems for a while and have fun. I don’t like the negativity. I don’t like the attacking each other I see (on twitter). I hate that we cant have a public YRR chat room on the feeds b/c of trolls. Just follow my lead… block everyone. Think of it as a blessing. When somebody shows you who they are.. believe them. I’ve never been one for tea, gossip, or drama. I prefer to have fun and laugh though life. Block the haters/trolls and keep our YRR community a happy and a place where we can all disagree … but in a way that’s respectable to everyone. And remember … hating somebody is like drinking poison and expecting them to die. It only hurts you, it only fills your life with negativity. That person you are spending your time hating isn’t even thinking about you. So flip the script and block your haters. Move on with your life and focus on things that make YOU HAPPY.
So I think that’s it. I would like to end by reminding you all Big Brother is a GAME. It is NOT real life. You do not know how people would act in real life based off how they act on the feeds 24/7. In real life you have family and friends to talk to, anti-psychotic drugs, music, tv, and the simple ability to walk away from a person you don’t like. Big Brother is a game. The rules are lie, manipulate, and back stab you’re way to the top for money. IT’S NOT REAL LIFE! But people you interact with on social media are real people living their actual lives. They have real feelings, and deserve respect. Just like you do. So be kind, be funny, and let’s all enjoy the rest of this BBOTT season together. Or not… i’ll just block your asses!
P.s. Like what we do? Wanna keep it going or see what we do for charity too? Then check our patreon page here for access to weekly private shows, private Patreon group and all the other benefits get for keeping us up and running! Of course you can get all the links to all our other Big Brother Over The Top Content below and by clicking around this website! Love yas!
flashback times, and spoiler shows. You never know when we will pop up and break news from the house so make sure you are following us on YouNow HERE! SUPPORT OUR SHOWS BUY GETTING THE LIVE FEEDS FROM US HERE. Or if you want to be a live feed updater with us you can do that HERE! See all of our #BBOTT content HERE!
AND DON’T FORGET… comment below and let us know what you think! We are doing YouNow shows all season when the feeds go down so make sure you BECOME A FAN there! We will of course be doing recap shows and interviews too! Whenever something goes down on the feeds we will get on social media via YouNow or Twitter to discuss LIVE with you! We will also have recap blogs after every episode and speaking of episodes we will also be live on YowNow live tweeting during them! Still want more? Then become a Patreon for EXCLUSIVE content, giveaways, access to reality stars and become a member of the private Patreon group! But what were really excited about is our BIG BROTHER SPOILERS PAGE! It’s full of “Cheat Sheets” for you to use to stay on top of all the latest alliances and info!
So in order to help support us in our coverage of Big Brother this season please consider: Getting the live feeds from us here or becoming a Patreon, making a pay pal donation, or starting your online shopping by clicking the ads in the side bar to the right like with Amazon. Those are all great ways to financially help us as well. Of course we get it, money can be tight… so if you’d like to help us for free then be sure to subscribe to our shows in YouTube, iTunes, YouNow, and thumbs up and give us a nice review (we want to win a podcast award this year). Also following us on your favorite social media site (by clicking the icons in the side bar) and then sharing our content there is also a great way to help as well! We can’t thank you enough for enjoying our shows these last 4 years, hopefully with your support we can continue to do them for the rest of the year. We can’t thank you enough for all your support! We love you all!
We also have a BRAND NEW TWITTER ACCOUNT which we will be using solely for our Live Feed updates. It’s a great way for you to find out what is going down as it happens 24/7 on the live feeds! We wanted to keep it separate from our MAIN TWITTER ACCOUNT which covers all our shows because we love you and don’t want to fill up your timelines! Plus we will be posting news, gossip and spoilers there about BBOTT exclusively too and we don’t like to spoil on our main twitter account. Now while twitter is a great way to get your 140 character live feed updates sometimes you just need more details! Which is why we suggest you also join our forums! This way you can get info like the exact cameras and flashback times for the updates we are giving you, plus interact with other fans! You can also get special prizes and all the latest info by subscribing to our monthly newsletter (WE WON’T SPAM YOU) when you sign up for our forums. Its easy and free (just two simple steps) by clicking the little man all the way on the right of the menu bar (or in the sidebar on our forums page). Just make sure you click to subscribe to newsletter when signing up for the forums! Of course can do all of this for you because of your generous support.